Hydress® dressings from Alliqua are cross-linked polymer based gels that may be made into sheets. They are able to provide and maintain a moist wound environment. There are several benefits associated with increased moisture content, including the cleansing and autolytic debriding of necrotic tissue.
Hydress® sheets can hold themselves in place; however, they are non-adherent (they do not bond to the wound, skin or hair) and thus can be removed while moist without causing additional trauma to the wound bed. Hydress® sheets have an immediate cooling effect that can be soothing and enhance patient acceptance.
Alliqua hydrogels can absorb 2X their weight in exudate. Borderless hydrogel dressings may require secondary dressings.
Key Features & Benefits
- Provides a moist wound healing environment.
- Does not bond to wound, allowing for easy removal.
- Absorbs wound exudate, up to 2x its own weight.
- Helps alleviate pain.
- Well suited for wound care, burn care, and temperature management.
- Easily removable.
- High Water Content.
- Absorbs 2X its weight in exudate.
- Available in 4″ x 4″ (10cm x 10cm) size.
- Sterile and non-sterile available.
- Packaged in individual sealed foil pouches.